- This event has passed.
2021 Labor Law Update
March 30 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
The Monterey County Workforce Development Board is pleased to sponsor a 2021 Labor Law Update presented by CEA.
In 2020, the California legislature and governor had a busy year responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and implementing new employment laws for 2021. The new bills touch almost every facet of employment — including leave laws, wage and hour, workers’ compensation, and industry-specific laws. CEA has meticulously tracked these new requirements so they can provide you with best practices for your company in 2021.
Join us to learn about:
– California Family Rights Act (CFRA): impacts all employers with 5 or more employees
– Site Safety and COVID-19 Reporting Requirements
– Workers’ Compensation Presumption: related to COVID-19 cases
– New exemptions to the ABC Test for independent contractors
– Expanded Crime Victims’ Leave
– Sick Leave Designation requirements
– 2021 Minimum Wage and Exempt Salary increases and more…
*Sponsored by the Monterey County Workforce Development BoardRegister Here