Our Learn at Lunch events will start being held quarterly and they are a lot of fun, but we could use some volunteers to help.
What is Learn at Lunch?
The Learn at Lunch events are usually held in the main conference room at the Veterans Transition Center from 11:45am-1:15pm. The Marina Chamber of Commerce organizes a lite lunch and we invite guest speakers to come talk on various informative topics.
These are some of the benefits of attending (or sending your employees to) one of these events:
- The sessions make excellent use of time, which is already limited throughout the day.
- The brief informal setting allows a better channel for understanding and getting the direct point across.
- Group training reinforces the overall Marina business culture.
- Creates critical awareness for issues at hand.
- Builds and maintains useful skills for the workplace.
- Enhances local business owner communications.
- Advances business training initiatives.
- Allows a level of expertise to be shared among other business owners and community members
Here are a few pics from our first Learn at Lunch event.
Do you enjoy networking, small scale event planning, and/or working with guest speakers from all over the community?
Then this might be just for you. We are looking for 5-6 volunteers who can help make this happen.
These opportunities are great for anyone interested in being more involved in the community, with the Chamber of Commerce, or just interested in setting up great networking events.
These are some of the areas we could really use help with.
The more volunteers we get for this, the more things we can split up to make it super easy to hold on a regular basis.
- Planning the events
- Work with the Veterans Transition Center to reserve conference room..
- Work with the list of guest speakers to confirm speaker and topic for each event.
- Seek out lunch & event sponsors.
- Promote each event on our social media accounts and blog.
- During the events
- MC The event (welcome everyone, announce VTC representative, announce guest presenter, close event).
- Work with the venue and guest speaker on the date of the event to make sure everything is in order for the presentation (i.e. projector, microphone, etc..).
- Pick up pre-ordered food trays paid for by the Chamber in advance (or by sponsors) and setup/breakdown lunch table.
- Setup/breakdown and host the welcome table
- Assist as needed on event day.
As I mentioned earlier, these events are really a lot of fun and a great value add to the Marina business community. We would love to hold these every month as we have a long list of guest speakers already lined up, but for now, we will start with quarterly.
So if you think this is something that may be of interest, please reach out to us ASAP. Our next event is already scheduled for August 16th.
Latest posts by Geno Quiroz (see all)
- Accepting Nominations For Marina Chamber of Commerce Treasurer - November 21, 2019
- Accepting Nominations For Marina Chamber of Commerce Vice President - November 21, 2019
- November’s First Friday Cash Lunch Mob at Michi Japanese Restaurant - November 1, 2019