The Marina Chamber of Commerce is announcing open positions for the 2020 Board of Directors. We are seeking leaders in the Marina Community to represent the Chamber’s Objectives as outlined in the Chamber ByLaws.
The Marina Chamber of Commerce is organized to preserve the competitive enterprise system of business by creating a better understanding of the importance of the business owners; to promote business and community growth and development by promoting economic programs designed to strengthen and expand the income potential of all classifications of business; to develop civic, social, and cultural programs designed to increase the values of our community; and to address policies which prevent business expansion and community growth.
Please consider joining the Marina Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in order to have a voice in local decision making processes for the betterment of community and business. Share this announcement with your colleagues and to others you feel will be an asset in this capacity.
- Chamber Members in good standing who would like to serve on the 2020 Board of Directors, please mail your ‘Petition for Nomination’ to:
- Marina Chamber of Commerce, Post Office Box 425, Marina CA 93933; or email email@example.com.
- Deadline is Thursday, October 23, 2019.
SELECTION AND ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (Excerpt)
Determination: If no petition is filed within the designated period, the nominations shall be closed and the nominated slate of candidates shall be declared elected by the Board of Directors at their regular October Board Meeting.
SEATING OF NEW DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS
All newly elected Board Members and Officers shall be seated at the regular January Board Meeting and shall be participating members thereafter, with voting rights beginning at that meeting. Retiring Directors and Officers shall be relieved of their duties at the same meeting.
Thank you for your consideration. The current Board of Directors are working to preserve the objectives as outlined above. Your leadership skills are important. Please remember to send your ‘Petition for Nomination’ to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday, October 23, 2019.
Latest posts by Geno Quiroz (see all)
- Accepting Nominations For Marina Chamber of Commerce Treasurer - November 21, 2019
- Accepting Nominations For Marina Chamber of Commerce Vice President - November 21, 2019
- November’s First Friday Cash Lunch Mob at Michi Japanese Restaurant - November 1, 2019