On Monday, Dec. 21st, the Marina Chamber of Commerce held an emergency meeting for Marina businesses.
The Marina Chamber of Commerce is looking at ways we can work together to help our business community survive the crisis, disseminate information, provide resources, and collaborate on a community level. The goal of this meeting was to hear from our local business owners as to what their biggest struggles are, to hear from community leaders as to what resources are available, and to come up with a plan to help local businesses survive this next round of closures.
Here is the video recording of that meeting along with a summary just below the video.
Cal Coastal SBDC
tel: (831) 676-2017
Cal Coastal SBDC currently provides virtual services only.
- One on One Coaching and Business Advising – they can help you navigate loans, programs, and services you may be eligible for
- Training and Workshops – daily Tuesday through Friday (topics: Business Start-Up, Funding, Cybersecurity, etc.)
- The SBDC is a State’s partner in Monterey County for its new California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program – businesses can receive up to $25,000 in grants and start applying on December 30th.
City of Marina
tel: (831) 384-3715
The City of Marina rolled out its 4th round of Business Loan for an easier application – Eligibility is no longer tied to household income
- $15,000 per business for those that have not received a loan through previous Rounds of the Business Loan Program.
- $5,000 per business for those that have received a loan through Rounds 1-3 of the Business Loan Program.
- All programs are 0% Interest until 2024
- Temporary Outdoor Use Application
- The city hired a consultant for COVID-19 Marina Small Business Loan and Grant resources, Monica Kim
- For all public questions and comments, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideas from Monica Kim:
Working on a program to register our staff to test regularly for drive-through COVID – showing where hotspots are and aren’t. She helps with technical issues to apply for help and speaks Korean and Japanese.
Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
tel: (831) 648-5350
Started earlier this year a business relief program and were able to raise funds to be distributed as grants to businesses in Marina, Seaside, Sand City, Big Sur, and Monterey. The grants ranged from $5000, $10,000. They had over 350 applications in May.
They also created a countywide alliance between local chambers called the Monterey County Business Alliance. Marina’s Chamber of Commerce has been invited to participate in this alliance to learn more about what the other Monterey County Chambers of Commerce are doing to help their own local business communities.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Plante (see all)
- *Deadline Extended* Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program - January 6, 2021
- Surviving the Economic Crisis in Marina Meeting Video & Summary - December 24, 2020
- Protective Mask Dos and Don’ts - April 11, 2020