Culinary Training Program
This course is designed to prepare young adults (18-24) for careers in the Culinary Arts and obtain positions including preparation cook, short order book, sous chef, and other culinary career opportunities. The program includes hands on experience in all phases of food production.
Classes are conducted by certified instructors with extensive food services experience. Typical work standards such as punctuality, regular attendance, positive attitude and appropriate dress are required to promote good work habits. Courses are bi-lingual with both English and Spanish-speaking instructors.
Orientation for Youth Employment Programs:
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 2 PM.
MBEST location: 3180 Imjin Road, Suite 157, Marina, CA
Call or Text (831) 402-8064
The course length is 8 weeks, Monday through Friday from 2:00pm to 6:00pm. Some nights and weekends may be required based on catering event schedule.
- Hands-on training in meal preparation in a commercial kitchen with interactive classroom activities.
- Work experience in catering and events management at the Monterey Bay Events Center including weddings and business meetings.
- Job preparation and job placement services for immediate employment upon completion of the course.
- ServeSafe® Food Manager testing preparation and certification.
Latest posts by Community Post (see all)
- Rooster Wheels is now Open on Sundays! - April 9, 2019
- Defend Your Marina Water Against Corporate Overreach! - April 8, 2019
- Registrations Are Open for Spring Bootcamp in Marina - March 20, 2019