TAKING STEPS TO KEEP THE COMMUNITY SAFE AND HEALTHY.
In light of the most recent information concerning COVID-19 or Coronavirus and after much discussion, the Marina Chamber of Commerce has made the decision to postpone International Flavors of Marina until further notice.
As you know, this very popular event gathers around 250 guests, vendors and volunteers each year and requires months of planning and hard work. It wouldn’t be safe or fair to everybody involved in this incredible community event to continue doing “business as usual”. For more information on the new public gatherings policy issued by Governor Newsom, click here.
We will continue to monitor the state of the community and the status of the Coronavirus and follow guidance from our local and state health authorities.
We understand this news is disappointing, but felt this was the best decision to make at the moment.
Note that if you already bought your tickets, they will be valid for the new date. We will keep you updated in the upcoming weeks and months when the crisis has resumed.
The Marina Chamber of Commerce’s priority is the safety of its community.
More Postponed or Cancelled Events in Marina:
- Marina Kite Day – Postponed
- MCFL Science Saturday (03/21) – Cancelled
- Marina Library’s Teen Photo Camp – Cancelled
- FOML The Farewell Movie Screening – Cancelled
- “Soar and Explore” Mural Dedication – Cancelled
- FOML Saturday Block Party – Cancelled
- Marina Pony and Baseball Softball Parade and Ceremony – Cancelled
- Marina Foundation’s Man and Woman of the Year Award – Postponed
In the meantime, the Marina Chamber of Commerce would like to remind you that your community needs you just as much as you need your community.
While we all need to make efforts to contain the virus with following basic hygiene, adopting social distancing practices, avoiding large gatherings and implementing other measures recommended by the CDC, you will need to continue buying groceries and household items. In these trying times, think of your Marina shops and businesses. You may find more products in your local stores than in other bigger corporate chains.
Your local shops owners and employees are your neighbors, your families and friends. They rely on your purchases to stay open and often have small margins to maneuver in this unstable economy.
We encourage you to stay safe, and to shop local!
The Marina Chamber of Commerce
Latest posts by Elizabeth Plante (see all)
- Grant Programs Open – Taking Applications - April 30, 2021
- *Deadline Extended* Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program - January 6, 2021
- Surviving the Economic Crisis in Marina Meeting Video & Summary - December 24, 2020